You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Latest Kerala News

Soccer God to visit Gods own country

Soccer God Diego Maradona will arrive Kerala on October 23rd for the inauguration of a new showroom of Boby Chemmanur International jewellers at Kannur on the next day.

The Argentine football legend would land at Nedumbassery airport at 5.30 pm on 23rd and will fly to Kannur by helicopter. He would spend one hour in the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium at Kannur. Football fans in Malabar are eagerly waiting for this lifetime experience to see the FIFA player of the 20th century.

He will celebrate his 52nd birthday at the jewellers by cutting a huge cake of weight 25kg and having the shape of a football. He will be dressed in the traditional Kerala style wearing 'kasav mundu' and shirt.

The organisers have arranged 3000 policeman along with 2000 private security personals to protect him. 30 of them, named 'Bouncers', will make three protective circles around him. It is his second visit to India, first was on 2008 to Kolkata.
    Boby Chemmannur is having quite a good show. Maradona to Kerala...well Chemmannur better be really worth it. Such a bargain over celebrities inaugurating showrooms! I'm sure every single star in India would die of complex for such a big step. Oh not just the stars but the entire showroom strings and veterans like the Emmanuels and the Kalyans and the Seemattis would be burning with jealousy about not thinking of such stars for their epic inaugurations.

It is very interesting to note that the star of the world would be celebrating his birthday here in our traditional attire. What more could someone ask off a legend. Heartbeats are surely soaring high in Kerala. Wonder how many Indians would push in to get a glimpse of the star. Kannur is surely going to be an arena of battle to see the star.

Anyways , really proud this is happening but taken entirely from the left to recollect the fact that he is doing all this for the promotion of a showroom! And I really can't stop thinking what will all these cost for the Boby Chemmannur group for the sponsorship security, other expenses etc. I'm quite sure they will have a very good profit worth the sum they invest for this epic promotion.

But whatever be behind all these paparazzi stuff I'm thrilled that Kerala has finally got a date with the Football Legend!! Hats off Boby Chemmannur group, you really know how to score, and congrats on the big goal you just shot into the hearts of Keralites.

I am a big fan of Soccer God Diego Maradona. I think due to the visit of Soccer God Diego Maradona will help Indian Soccer. Our ranking in soccer is very poor. I think our rank is169. It is the lowest ranking record. Our highest ranking record is 94 at february, 1996. Our ranking is decreased almost 75 percentage. But look at other sports items like Cricket, tennis wrestling and shooting. Another dissappointing sports item is hockey. We are rank one in when started hockey in olympics. But now we cannot qualify primary group levels. Any way Soccer God Diego Maradona visit will help Indian football higher
    Regards
    SULTHAN

• Sign In to post your comments