You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Kerala to become open defecation free State soon

Under the Centre's Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan, which aims at ensuring a toilet for every family (to make the state Open Defecation Free - ODF)in the country. All the States have taken up this scheme and their progresses are at different levels. Those States which achieve the target will be declared as 'Nirmal State'. So far only Sikkim has achieved this status.

In Kerala out of the 978 grama panchayats 959 had declared as Nirmal gram themselves by providing each family at least one toilet. The remaining 19 grama panchayats are going ahead to become open defecation free panchayats. Once that is also completed Kerala will be the first major (population-wise) State to become Nirmal State. The target date is the coming New year day.
    This is a very good news . Poverty is the main reason that many houses lack toilets and if the State is undertaking the task to provide them with this most basic sanitation facility what more could be a boon to them. But not just houses many of our holy places also yearn this facility. The blame of open defecation near holy places is not Keralites but the pilgrims from different states. It is disgusting that the holy places stink of human waste. I really wish the government focuses in building toilets in such places too. Only then can the goal be achieved completely.

Yes. It is a good news. But I think most of the keralites have own toilets. But look at other states. Their house- toilet ratio is less. Any way I believe this project will reach more states like kerala.
    Regards
    SULTHAN

It was a good idea that ensuring a toilet for every family in a States,the state have taken up this scheme and This will achieve the target will be declared as 'Nirmal State'. On this new year day will beside ,and no respond for the Nirmal State is happened from the authorities. it was a good machine to provide a toilet to each family but the project is not working yet.

regards

sirash khan

• Sign In to post your comments