You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Vagamon - a nice trip....ever...

Vagamon is one of the best place of tourism of kerala.It is the hill station with deep valleys, pine forests, waterfalls and overall a beautiful greenary. Our GOD's own country Kerala is blessed with such beautiful place like vagamon.

It was my first time in that place.I was excited about that.According to me,it is a nice place. The beauty of vagamon cannot be discribed in words.VAGAMON,we all keralites know about that place.It is one of the most wonderful hill station located in Kottayam and Idukki boarder.However,It is a beauty of nature.There is a wonderful drive of about 32 kilometres from Kanjirappally and 60 kilometer from kottayam to Vagamon. Erattupetta is the nearest town about 22 kilometer to vagamon. This place simply speaks in Kerala style "Mottakkunnu". It is an attractive deep valley. There is a cool climate during even summer season.The journey to Vagamon is very nice. So many people were visits this place everyday....We can see a portion of Kerala beauty of nature in Vagamon. There is paragliding festival conducts throughout the year.The place vagamon contains pine forests,waterfalls tea gardens and surrounded with murmering pine forests.National Geographic Traveler has listed vagamon on their directory of the 50 most attractive place to visit in india.Vagamon is also a home to a wide variety of flowers and orchids.

Another important attractive place in vagamon is pine valley.If someone knows about pine valley and vagamon,They do not return back without visiting both. It is a valley of pine trees lined in rows.In this situation my mind is go to the song of "pancharachiri" from the malayalam movie "merikkundoru kunjadu" . Dileep and Bhavana dance well in the pine valley. Not only in this film,but also so many films and songs are shooted in vagamon.It is a wonderful film location.It is a very catchy and awesome scenery when the time of being covered with dew. Many were, like tourists visits this super location. There are lot of attraction in and around the vagamon.Grass covered hills, cool mountain air, velvet lawns make vagamon a perfect retreat.Another attraction is the the three hills namely Thangal hill, Murugan hill and Kurisumala is a symbol of religious harmony.

Thangal hill is situated near about five kilometer from vagamon, down to the Elappara route.It is a place of religious importance to Muslims.Thangal hill has a famous suicide point which makes awesome scenery. There is an ancient cave though which one can walk for kilomerters.

Kurisumala is a christian pilgrim center. It means hill of cross in malayalam.There is a church at the top of the hill.The main day of attraction is on Good Friday. There is so many devotees from far and near to this place and climb the hill with wooden crosses.There is an Indo swiss dairy farm run by christian monks also known by the name kurisumala dairy farm.

Murugan mala is to the east of kurisumala.It is a place situated about 8 kilomertre from the town of vagamon. Murugan mala is also known as Murugan para.This temple is dedicated to Lord Murugan. Thousands of devotees visits the place every year.

I as a friend of spider Kerala,suggests each of you to visit this beautiful place at least once,if you have any leisure time .Don't miss it.Anyway i am waiting and exciting for my next vagamon trip.
    I also visited Vagamon once. It is really a good place for tour programs especially the climate in there is a gift from nature. That much attractive is this place. In there, no need of any fridge because that much is the cold in there.

• Sign In to post your comments