You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Latest Kerala News

Rituparna Sengupta In Kathaveedu

Rituparna Sengupta Bengali actress profile and biography is given below. she forayed into Malayalam film industry by acting an important role in Kathaveedu. Do you want to know more about her in detail? Read on.

Talks about Rituparna Sengupta

Rituparna Sengupta
    Rituparna Sengupta is an Indian film actress from kolkata. Rituparna Sengupta born in 7 November 1971. She is known as 'Bengali film queen'. she is well known in both hindi and bengali film industry. She is making Malayalam debut with Sohanlal through Kathaveedu. Sengupta got married to her childhood friend Sanjay Chakrabarty and the couple has a son named Ankan and a daughter named Rishona Niya. She won her National Film Award for best actress in 1998 for her performance in Dahan. Before doing Kathaveedu, she had a close touch with Malayalam industry. she played in two Bollywood films 'Bumm Bumm Bole' directed by Priyadarashan and Gauri: The Unborn directed by Akku Akbar. Due to busy schedules in Hindi and Bengali industries she declined many offers from Malayalam industry. she aged 41 but still she is playing as actress in movies . She is likely to be part in more challenging and female oriented movies.

Rituparna Sengupta is born in a ordinary family and like to become a dancer or painter. She learnt Manipuri and Odisha dance. Shobhana is the favourite actress in Malayalam. Swet Pathorer Thala was her debut film in Bengali. She worked in both commercial and documentary movies in Bengali and Hindi. She is ready to be glamorous as character suggests. She was not satisfied with Bengali film industry due to lack of good directors,writers and technicians as compared to south and Bollywood industries. She says that Bengali film industry is a small industry and producers cannot afford to produce some big budget movies with latest technologies. She had named her favourite Bengali films -- Sujan Sakhi, Shami Keno Ashami, Moner Manush, Adorer Bon.

Malayalam debut Kathaveedu

Kathaveedu is a upcomming Malayalam movie directed by Sohanlal. The movie is based on three stories penned by Vaikkom Muhammad Basheer, Madhavikutty and M. T. Vasudevan Nair. The other leading film stars are Kunchacko Boban , Biju Menon , Bhama , Manoj K. Jayan and Lal. Rituparna Sengupta is playing as wife of major gregory(Lal). She is excited to do this character written by M. T. Vasudevan Nair. She read many translated stories of M. T. Vasudevan Nair and got green signal from director Priyadarshan to do this project. Rituparna says that her role is challenging and scripts looks like poetry. Also she is like to be part in Kathaveedu .

Harassment in Canada

In July 2013,she entered into Canada for attending a festival but immigration officials did not permitted . They harassed mentally her by questioning for six hours. They filed a case against Rituparna for entering Canada by a illegal and expired visa. By intervention of Indian embassy, she got the permission to attend the festival. Medias celebrated the arrest of Rituparna as flash news.
    Please tell me your opinion about this forum/ resource. If there is mistakes in this article please inform me. Actually i'm writing about Rituparna Sengupta for posting as a resource but our webmaster found some faults. If anyone give me a detailed reasons for rejecting my article , next time i'll rectify my faults and try my level best to write a good article having uniqueness .

Christopher,
    You have a long way to go before starting posting articles in SpiderKerala. The content should have connection with the title. Take some time to go through few articles and understand the way writing articles in SPK.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian
    Webmaster-SPK(SpiderKerala)

Thank u sir. Next time I'll rectify my mistakes.

• Sign In to post your comments