You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

    Can poverty be eradicated from our world? Open discussion.

    Poverty is one of the greatest negative factor in the world. The studies have shown that there is an increase in the number of poor people around the world. All of us know that poverty is a negative factor of this world. But the question is whether it can be eradicated from the world in the upcoming years. Is government of all countries taking steps to reduce the poverty? If yes, are they working out in reducing the poverty. So give your views down. Also give some of your ideas to reduce the poverty of the world. Hoping active participation from all the members of SPK.

    Thank you.
  • #7661
    Poverty, one of the main threat that our nation faces today. In India about 70% of the people suffer poverty. In terms of GDP, India is one of the largest economic countries of the world and at the same time the country where most people suffer poverty. The main reason is that about 90% of the total wealth of the country is on the hands of 10 or 20 people and the remaining 10% is distributed among the crores. Other major problems that push the country in to pit of poverty are unemployment and underemployment, high population growth, corruption, exploitation of resources etc. The present condition of the state is that the richer become richer and poorer become poorer. Now there is high inequality between richer and poorer in the present society. So my opinion is that government should bring certain policies that rights to raise the standard of living of poor people.

  • #7684
    Poverty is a curse of any civilization. But poverty is a 'fait accompli' of the so called civilized society. It exists in every country all along. In our country the reference to it is found in the 'Bhagavatham' through the sketch of Sudhama/Kuchela, in the ancient stories of 'Sathya Harishchandra & Nala etc' who even after being kings had to undergo the condition of abject poverty. Poverty also variously described as 'penury, destitution, indigence, pennilessness, privation, deprivation, impoverishment, neediness, need, want, hardship, impecuniousness, impecuniosity, hand-to-mouth existence, beggary, pauperism etc is arising out of the disregard for the social obligations, greed etc of a portion of the population. It is arising out of the mind set of people.

    It will be nearly impossible to reduce not to speak of eradication of poverty, unless and until the thinking about it is changed in the minds of the haves to the have nots. Religions are supposed to be a guidance or philosophy to the followers for the proper practice of life. All the religions, without exception, prescribes a way to reduce the effect of poverty on the poor. The suggestion of all religions is for all those who earn or having means to set apart a portion of their earnings/income to be distributed as charity, poor feeding, gifts etc to the needy. The followers of all religions are following this in letter but not in the spirit. We can find lavish and pompous functions being arranged to feed and give gifts to those who may not need the same, ignoring the needy. If we attend any function of any religious sect like the weddings, birthdays, festivals etc we can find this aspect.

    The Governments are bringing out some social measures in various names which are supposed to benefit the poor and needy. But this also, in our State and country, if not the entire world itself is more of a channel to siphon off the crumbs by the greedy and cunning.

    With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

  • #7689
    Rich always become richer and poor always become poorer. This is what happens in Kerala over years. The only way you could eradicate this situation is to improve the income of our state through many aspects. Mr. Modi advised to use only Indian products from now on so that we could raise our total revenue of our country and thereby the government could do there best for the benefit of the poor sections of the state and bring a equilibrium condition as a whole. Thus there will not be any discriminations and everyone will respect each other.

    Also, there are many people who are seeking for a job to save their family from hunger and by providing them with a descent job will be appreciable and will bring much improvement in current situation.

  • Sign In to post your comments