You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

House boats in kerala

Kerala is famous for its back waters.house boats are common in such places .

Locally these boats are known by Kettuvalam which means a boat made by tying togather of pieces of wood.

Allapuzha,kollam,kuttanad,kumarakam are the important attraction to the backwater tourist.
    The house boats are really a site of beauty and the journey in these, through the beautiful backwaters of Alappuzha are absolutely wonderful. House boats are available in all sizes, rates and with all facilities. To arrange parties,meetings,tours etc, these are used. This had became a great business in the tourist sector of Kerala. Many people, especially the foreigners really enjoy the journey in these house boats through our beautiful back waters. Hence many people jumps into this business and suddenly there was an increase in the number of house boats in Kerala. But sadly, many of these were not observing the clauses well and there was a huge problem of waste disposal. Many of the house boats were dumping of channelizing their wastes into the backwaters. This is a violation of rule, and this cause a great pollution, in addition to the pollution caused by the increased traffic. This can adversely affect our bio diversity and ecosystems. So it should be strictly observed that no such violations occurs. Also some house boats were reported to rob the electricity, from the lines passing over the backwaters.

During my vacations last year i had a chance to go on houseboat.Its simply superb ,the sceneries..the food served by vallkaran.Their friendliness towards us.Its was an experience .Really superb experience. I have noticed that the tour operators charge a lot for houseboats.If someone can make a contact with a vallkaran.It will be lot cheaper.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.