Call +91 8138875600 for details
In Kerala, theirs most favorite recipe is fish curry that's why they consume more fishes their daily life. The Kerala Style Fish Curry is very tasty curry for your food which is special in Kerala. Sometimes they celebrate their festivals with these types of tasty foods. Fishes are good for our eyes and heart. It can also cure our heart problem. That's why Kerala people lives a healthy life.
Ingredients of Kerala Style Fish Curry
• Seer fish(surmai) - 1 kg
• Ginger Garlic paste (made at home is best) - 2 tsp
• Onions (preferably the small Kerala onions, the regular ones can also be used) - 100 gms (cut thin and long)
• Kashmiri chilli powder(great for the color and taste) - 2 to 3 tsp(mixed in water)
• Turmeric powder - 1.4 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Tamarind - 2 to 3 pieces (Kodum Puli)
• Curry leaves 10-15
• Greel chillies 2 (slit into 2)
• Oil 1 to 2 tbsp
• Water 2 cups
• Mustard seeds 1 tsp
• Methi or fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
• curry leaves 4 to 5
Preparation Method of Kerala Style Fish Curry
Clean and drain the fish pieces and keep aside.
Pour a little amount of oil into a pan and heat it. For tempering, add all the ingredients into the pan.
Add in the onions, ginger garlic paste and the turmeric after the mustard seeds splutter. Fry till onions turn brown color.
Now you should add salt and Kashmir chili powder paste mixed in water. When you mixing with water the chili power blend well with the rest of the ingredients and also give it a thick consistency.
Deep-fry till the oil separates.
Add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Now add the pieces of fish and tamarind.
Now close pans with lid till the pieces are cooked and the gravy thickens.
Finally, add the slit green chilies and cover and keep.
Best served with plain steamed rice or boiled rice.