Veli Tourist Village – Beautiful Place in Tourist Radar
Veli is one of the most popular tourist spots found in the fringe region of Thiruvananthapuram city. It is located at a distance of eight kilometres from the city centre on the northern side. It exactly lies at a spot where the Veli Lake gets separated from the Arabian Sea by a narrow strip of land. The lake is not that deep and it contains clear water. Hence, it offers an ideal spot for water sports activities.
Veli Tourist Village is an ideal place for hangout by people celebrating their weekends or holidays. It is a narrow strip of land that skirts the Arabian Sea and separates it from the freshwater containing Veli Lake. Hence, this strip of land provides great scenic views on its either sides although out the day. The Veli Lake provides ample opportunity to go for boating to enjoy the backwaters in the region. This is considered as the largest freshwater lake in the state of Kerala. Many people visit our state for the medical treatment every year. With the Techno Park nearby, many techies have started to pay a visit to this tourist hub for their weekends with their families and friends.
Facilities in Tourist Village
Being a tourist village, it is equipped with various means to entertain the visitors. For instance, the village has a beautiful garden, serene and pristine lake, and enjoyable park for children. The stones sculpted by noted sculptor Kaanayi Kunjuraman also dot though out the village. Veli Lake has an extension in the form of Akkulam Lake. A brief description of the facilities is listed below.
- Boating: There is a backwater canal connecting Veli and Akkulam. This is the reason why people can go for boating to enjoy the backwaters of the region. This boat ride offers enough time for the tourists to enjoy the natural beauty of the surroundings.
- Boat Club: People can avail this facility to undertake waterborne games. It includes even a swimming pool. This swimming pool is equipped with gliders and other facilities for waterfront activities.
- Houseboat: A traditional Kettuvallam or houseboat is available in the region for the tourists to stay overnight on. They can travel in these houseboats to the exotic locations near the lake.
- Dancing Fountain: There is a music fountain that dance to the tune and twinkling light. This is the major draw for the tourists in the late evening.
- Children's Park: It provides a unique experience for the children accompanying the tourists. The park has several new riders that provide thrilling experiences to the children when they undertake a ride on them.
- Ayurvedic Spa: The village is also slowly becoming a destination for medical tourism in our state with more spa facilities coming near it. These centres are boon for those visitors who want to undergo medical treatment in a traditional Kerala Ayurvedic way.
- Convention Centre: The village also has an international convention centre that hosts various events of national and international importance.
- Home Stay: Locals and tourist players of the region provide home stay facilities for the benefit of tourists. The tourists get homely food and atmosphere to enjoy the local environment.