Union Budget 2011-2012 highlights
The Union Budget for the financial year 2011-2012 was announced by Pranab Mukarjee on Monday, 28th February 2011. Below given are the highlights of Union Budget 2011-2012.
1. Allocation to health sector was improved by 20%
2. 100% salary hike for Anganwadi teachers
3. Low-cost housing loans of Rs 15 lakh to get 1% interest
4. Tax-free bonds of Rs 30,000 crores for infrastructure development
5. Infrastructure spending to be raised by 23% - Direct tax code to be implemented from Ist April 2012
6. Special economic help for Chennai Bangalore metro project.
7. Regarding Kerala- Wayanad Pookot Vetenary college will be modified to University.
8. Special offers announced for country weavers.
9. Cooking gas subsidy will be hold on
Other highlights will be updated.......!
More articles: Union Budget 2011-2012