Ingredients for Varutharacha Kadala Curry Recipe
Kadala (black channa) – 1 cup
Onion – 1/2 cup
Tomato – 1
Coriander powder – 1 tea sp
Garam Masala – 1 tea sp
Chilly powder – 1 tea sp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tea sp
mustard seeds – 1 tea sp
Curry leaves –
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Red chilly – 2
Coconut oil –
Preparation of varutharacha kadala curry
1.Soak kadala overnight. Wash the chickpeas and drain the water.
2. Roast grated coconut ,red chilly ,1/2 tea sp coriander powder till it turns to brown and grind it to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and tomato and fry till onion turns to light brown.
4. Cook the Kadala,fried onion and tomato in a pressure cooker with chilli powder ,turmeric powder,coriander powder,garam masala and salt.
5.After that add coconut paste into the cooked kada and heat it for 2 min
6. Splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves and add this into the curry.
7. Serve hot with rice,Puttu,Chappathi etc
Call +91 8138875600 for details
More articles: Kerala Recipies