Call +91 8138875600 for details
This recipe describes on how you can easily make Aviyal. Find out more for the ingredients and method of preparation. Aviyal, Kerala vegetarian curry is one of the Dishes present at any occasions in Kerala.
Ingredients to make Aviyal
1. Elephant Yam (Chena)
3. Long Beans
6. Green banana (Kaya)
7. Raw green mangoes or Tamarind water (Puli water)
8. Turmeric powder
9. Red chilly powder
10. Salt to taste
11. Grated coconut
12. Green chilies
13. Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
14. Curry leaves (Kariyapla)
15. Coconut Oil
Coconut Paste to be added to Aviyal
Grind coconut, green chilies, Cumin seeds with required amount of water to make a good thick paste
Method to prepare Aviyal
1. Cut all the vegetables like Elephant Yam, Carrots, Drumsticks, Long Beans, Green Banana, Raw mangoes, Cucumber etc. into rectangle pieces.
2. Take a vessel and add Elephant Yam and required water to it. Add turmeric powder and keep the gas on medium flame. Let the Elephant Yam cook well.
3. Once the Elephant Yam is cooked add rest of the vegetables and cook well. Add turmeric powder, Salt and Red chilly powder as required.
4. If you do not have raw mangoes with you then you can add Tamarind water at end once all the vegetables cook well.
5. Once all vegetables are cooked add Coconut paste which we made at first to it.
6. Stir it well so that the vegetables get a good flavor of the added paste.
7. At end last coconut oil and fresh Curry leaves before serving.