This resource will be reviewed shortly.
If you think this resource contain inappropriate content, please report to webmaster.
As per the Ayurveda, during Karkidakam, every person should:
- Retire from the day early and go to sleep early
- Do pranayama or breathing exercises daily for 10 minutes
- Non-vegetarian and Fried food should not be consumed
- Drink at least 2 litres of lukewarm water daily
- Refrain from smoking and drinking
- Spend time with friends and family to make your stay at home worthwhile
Karkidakam Ayurveda Treatment – An age-old regime:
The ancient routine of Ayurvedic Treatment in Karkidakam comprised of the following:
- Listening and reciting spiritual scriptures
- Consuming specially concocted diets based on Ayurveda; especially the Karkidaka Kanji
- Satsanga or social gathering done for the spiritual purposes
- Healthy Routines
- And last but not the least, the Karkidaka Chikitsa
Ayurvedic Treatment in Karkidakam – Therapies
The karkidakam chikitsa is a set of various therapies that are used for the rejuvenation and beautification of the human body. It is also called the Rithu Charya treatment. The following section comprises the various therapies that are included in the karkidakam.
1 – Karkidakam Kanji or the Special Ayurvedic Food
Karkidakam Kanji is basically a rice porridge with medicinal herbs that is an excellent revitalizer of the human body. The Kanji is made with njavara rice, cumin seeds, coriander, fenugreek, aniseed, ajwain, mustard seed, dry ginger, nutmeg, caraway seed, cloves, putharichundaveru etc. Once the rice is boiled with all the ingredients and is cooked completely, coconut milk is added and finally, it is sauteed in ghee and onions.
2 – Oil Massages
Abhyangam, snehapan and lots of other massages are done with the essential Ayurvedic oils that rejuvenate the body and detoxify it. They restore the skin which gets damaged in the summers owing to excessive sweating and heat.
3 – Panchkarma
Done with the aim of detoxification, the therapy comprises of 5 techniques:
- Purvakarma – Oil Massage followed by sweating
- Vamana – Vomiting to remove the toxins from the upper part of the Digestive Tract
- Virechana Nasya – Medicines are poured through the nose
- Basti – Rectum is fed with medicines which detoxify the lower part of the Digestive Tract
4 – Sukha Chikitsa
It is done to prevent the diseases and illnesses and comprises oil massages, eating Karkidakam Kanji and some other therapies to rejuvenate the human body.
Ayurvedic Treatment in Karkidakam – Benefits:
- Complete detoxification of human body
- Rejuvenation of the human body and skin
- Boosting of digestion and overall working of the human body
- Mind rejuvenation and calming of nerves and senses
- Removing the disease-causing toxins from the body
- Dealing with the current illness
- Prevention of illness during the coming year