Kerala PSC LD Clerk Palakkad 1998 Question Paper
1. Whose signature is found on the one rupee currency notes?
(a) The President (b) The Finance Minister
(c) The Governor of Reserve Bank (d) The Finance Secretary
2. Who directed the film "Vasthuhara"?
(a) Adoor Gopalakrishnan (b) Padmarajan
(c) G. Aravindan (d) M.T. Vasudevan Nair
3. How many players are there in a Hockey team?
(a) 10 (b) 12 (c) 14 (d) 11
4. The term "Third World" refers to:
(a) Gulf countries (b) Developed countries
(c) Under developed countries (d) Developing countries
5. Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is infected by:
(a) Virus (b) Fungus (c) Bacteria (d) None of these
6. The Cauvery river water dispute is between:
(a) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu (b) Orissa and Tamil Nadu
(c) Karnataka and Orissa (d) Karnataka and West Bengal
7. News Print factory in Kerala is located in:
(a) Velloor (b) Vaikam (c) Kottayam (d) Kochi
8. The battle of Plassey was faught in the year
(a) 1757 (b) 1857 (c) 1761 (d) 1760
9. Who said: "Swaraj is my birth right and I shall have it"?
(a) Gopalakrishna Gokhale (b) Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) Bala Gangadhar Tilak (d) Mahatma Gandhi
10. The first Governor-General of Independent India was:
(a) C. Rajagopalachari (b) Lord Mountbatten
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru (d) Rajendra Prasad
11. Who wrote "Harsha Charita"?
(a) Kautilya (b) Harshavardhana (c) Banabhatta (d) Ibn Batuta
12. The Home Rule Movement was started by:
(a) Annie Besant (b) Gopalakrishna Gokhale
(c) Bala Gangadhar Tilak (d) Sarojini Naidu
13. Which of the following is required during the photosynthesis process in addition to sunlight and water?
(a) Nitrogen (b) Oxygen (c) Hydrogen (d) Carbondioxide
14. Population explosion is caused by:
(a) High birth rate and Low death rate (b) High birth rate and High death rate
(c) Low birth rate and Low death rate (d) Low birth rate and High death rate
15. Atmospheric pressure is measured by:
(a) Barometer (b) Manometer (c) Hydrometer (d) Hygrometer
16. The largest ocean in the world is the:
(a) Indian ocean (b) Arctic ocean (c) Antarctic ocean (d) Pacific ocean
17. The first Indian to win the Nobel Prize was:
(a) Rabindranath Tagore (b) Mother Theresa
(c) Hargobind Khorana (d) C.V. Raman
18. Who wrote "Ummachu"?
(a) Vilasini (b) Sethu (c) Valsala (d) Uroob
19. K.C.S. Panicker was a famous:
(a) dancer (b) musician (c) painter (d) writer
20. Which is the first hydroelectric project in Kerala?
(a) Pallivasal (b) Sabarigiri (c) Idukki (d) Kallada
21. Edakkal caves is in:
(a) Wayanad District (b) Kannur District
(c) Kozhikode District (d) Kasargode District
22. Kunjali Marakkar was the Naval Chief of:
(a) Maharaja of Cochin (b) Zamorin of Calicut
(c) Maharaja of Travancore (d) Maharaja of Venad
23. Which is the largest irrigation project in Kerala?
(a) Neyyar (b) Pazhassi (c) Malampuzha (d) Kallada
24. Who is the Chairman of the Lok Sabha?(a) The Prime Minister (b) The Speaker
(c) The Vice-President (d) The President
25. The headquarters of W.H.O. is located in:
(a) New York (b) Geneva (c) Moscow (d) Washington
26. Richter scale is used to measure the:
(a) velocity of wind (b) intensity of earthquakes
(c) humidity of air (d) density of liquids
27. Kanchi was the Capital of the:
(a) Cholas (b) Pallavas (c) Pandyas (d) Cheras
28. Which is the largest planet in the solar system?
(a) Mars (b) Sun (c) Earth (d) Jupiter
29. Martyr's day is observed on:
(a) Ist January (b) Ist August (c) Ist September (d) 30th January
30. Our constitution was adopted on:
(a) 15th August 1947 (b) 26th January 1947
(c) 26th January 1950 (d) 26th November 1949
31. The "Land of Rising Sun" is:
(a) Tibet (b) Japan (c) India (d) China
32. Who is the author of Panchatantra?
(a) Kalidasa (b) Bhavabhuti (c) Banabhatta (d) Vishnu Sharma
33. The colours of our National Flag from top to bottom are in the order of:
(a) White, Green and Saffron (b) Green, White and Saffron
(c) Saffron, White and Green (d) Saffron, Green and White
34. V.T. Bhattathiripad was a
(a) social reformer (b) political leader
(c) historian (d) music composer
35. The highest rainfall in Kerala is at:
(a) Punalur (b) Kannur (c) Vadakara (d) Lakkidi
Name the following:—
36. The first American President:
37. Who is the first Indian to win Nobel prize in science?
38. The largest tower in India:
39. India's first surface to surface missile?
40. The author of "The Origin of Species".
41. The first woman to climb Mount Everest
42. Gateway of India
43. Study of plants and animals in relation to their surroundings
44. The Capital of Andaman and Nicobar islands
45. The author of Natyashastra
Match the following:—
46. Baba Amte (a) Indian Constitution
47. Pather Panchali (b) Leader of Narmada Bachavo Andolan
48. Dr. Ambedkar (c) Dada Saheb Phalke
49. Medha Patkar (d) Homi J. Bhabha
50. Father of Indian Cinema (e) Satyajith Ray
(f) Social worker
(g) Sunderlal Bahuguna
More articles: Kerala PSC LD Clerk Old Question Papers