Kerala PSC LD Clerk Wayanad 1998 Question Paper
Directions 1-30: Choose the correct answer from alternatives given:
1. The name of the country where first census was held in 1790:
(a) U.S.A (b) Britain (c) France (d) India
2. The first women president of Indian National Congress:
(a) Sarojini Naidu (b) Annie Besant
(c) Sucheta Kripalani (d) Indira Gandhi
3. Mother Teresa was born in:
(a) Yugoslavia (b) Ireland (c) France (d) Italy
4. Garuda is the name of which country's airlines?
(a) America (b) Phillippines (c) Indonesia (d) Singapore
5. Who was the inventor of stainless steel?
(a) Victor Hugo (b) Montevideo (c) Brearley (d) Godwin Austin
6. Who wrote the National Anthem of India?
(a) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee (b) Rabindranath Tagore
(c) J.C. Bose (d) Jawaharlal Nehru
7. What drug does tobacco contain?
(a) Latex (b) Nicotine (c) Narcotic (d) L.S.D
8. What does talcum powder consists of?
(a) Magnesium silicate (b) Sodium silicate
(c) Hydrated magnesium silicate (d) Sodium chloride
9. What does S.T.D mean?
(a) State Trade Development (b) Service Trade Development
(c) Subscribers Trunk Dialing (d) Standard Trunk Development
10. Which of the following is the best conductor of electricity?
(a) Cold water (b) Warm water (c) Saline water (d) Distilled water
11. One of the constituents of Gobar gas is:
(a) Methane (b) Ethane (c) Carbondioxide (d) Oxygen
12. A gland known as the gland of emergency:
(a) Adrenal gland (b) Thyroid gland
(c) Pituitary gland (d) Parathyroid gland
13. The largest flower in the world:
(a) Rafflesia (b) Lotus (c) Sun flower (d) Cactus
14. The smallest bone in the human body:
(a) Malleus (b) Saccule (c) Incus (d) Stapes
15. The colouring substance present in bile:
(a) Haemoglobin (b) Melanin (c) Bilirubin (d) Xanthophyll
16. The hormone helps to ripen fruits:
(a) Cytokinins (b) Gibberllins (c) Florigens (d) Ethylene
17. Milk is an example of:
(a) Suspension (b) Emulsion (c) Gel (d) Foam
18. Which country is known as land of rising sun?
(a) New York (b) India (c) England (d) Japan
19. Which sector in India uses coal in maximum quantity?
(a) Railway (b) Thermal plants (c) Refineries (d) Transport
20. Who discovered Natural Radio-activity?
(a) Henry Becquerel (b) Borealis
(c) Albert Durer (d) Socrates
21. The acid present in oranges:
(a) Acetic acid (b) Citric acid (c) Lactic acid (d) Oxalic acid
23. The material used in the manufacture of lead pencils:
(a) Lead (b) Graphite (c) Mica (d) Carbon24. The coldest planet is:
(a) Pluto (b) Jupiter (c) Venus (d) Uranus
25. The term "Jockey" is associated with:
(a) Bridge (b) Playing cards (c) Horse racing (d) Polo
26. Where is the Headquarters of the International Court of Justice?
(a) Paris (France) (b) Rome (Italy)
(c) The Hague (Netherlands) (d) Washington (U.S.A)
27. Salim Ali was associated with:
(a) Ornithology (b) Entomology (c) Taxonomy (d) Anatomy
28. The oldest classical dance of India is:
(a) Bharatnatyam (b) Kathakali (c) Kuchipudi (d) Folk dance
29. Who gave the call "Dilli Chalo".?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi (b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Subhash Chandra Bose (d) Jaya Prakash Narayan
30. Which bird found in New Zealand is unable to fly and has hair instead of
feathers and a very long beak?
(a) Ostrich (b) Kiwi (c) Penguin (d) Peacock
Directions 31-35: Answer the following questions in a sentence:—
31. Why does iron rust?
32. What is dry ice?
33. How does a piece of blotting paper absorb ink?
34. Why does the sky appear blue?
35. Why do we use iodised salt?
Directions 36-45: Name the following:—
36. Who is Kerala Kalidasan?
37. Who found out radioactivity?
38. Which planet has rings around it?
39. Who is the 10th President of India?
40. Where is Charminar situated?
41. Which district in Kerala produces most rice?
42. The instrument which is used for measuring blood pressure?
43. Who was the first woman Chief Minister in India?
44. What is always contained in amalgams?
45. When was Arjuna Award introduced?
Directions 46-50: Match the items in A and B:
46. Gitanjali (a) Janko Taibei of Japan
47. Solar system (b) Rabindranath Tagore
48. Indravati National Park (c) Lion
49. Bharat Ratna Award (d) Copernicus
50. Mount Everest (e) Tiger
(f) Dr. Abdul Kalam
(g) G. Sankara Kurup
More articles: Kerala PSC LD Clerk Old Question Papers