Kerala PSC LD Clerk Kollam 1998 Question Paper
1. The National Emblem of India was adopted from
(a) the lion capital of the Mauryas (b) the coins of the Guptas
(c) the seals of Harappa (d) the Ajanta Paintings
2. The land area of India in comparison to the whole world is:
(a)1/54 th (b)1/45th (c)1/34th (d)1/42th
3. Which cloth is used to make our National Flag?
(a) Handwoven Khadi (b) Handloom
(c) Natural silk (d) Spun x spun
4. The boundary line between India and Pakistan is the
(a) Radcliff line (b) Durand line (c) Mac Mohan line(d) Maginot line
5. Which of the following states touches the boundary of four nations?
(a) Nagaland (b) Assam (c) Jammu and Kashmir (d) Sikkim
6. Which of the following Indian kings defeated Mohammed Ghori first?
(a) Jayachand (b) Kanishka (c) Prithiviraj Chauhan (d) Porus
7. Duration of the Eighth Five-Year Plan is:
(a) 1990-95 (b) 1991-96 (c) 1992-97 (d) 1993-98
8. Fundamental Duties were introduced in the Constitution of India by the:
(a) 40th Amendment (b) 42nd Amendment
(c) 43rd Amendment (d) 44th Amendment
9. Introduction of a non-confidence motion in the Lok Sabha requires the support of at least
(a) 60 members (b) 80 members
(c) 50 members (d) Two-third members of the house
10. Ajanta paintings depict scenes from the:
(a) Ramayana (b) Jataka tales (c) Mahabharata (d) Panchatantra
11. The Grand Trunk Road was built by:
(a) Akbar (b) Samudra Gupta (c) Ashoka (d) Shershah Suri
12. Which is the rainiest spot in India?
(a) Chirapunji (b) Assam (c) Mawsynram (d) Lakkidi
13. Which of the following is the longest river in the world?
(a) Indus (b) Amazon (c) Nile (d) Danube
14. "Mandi House" is:
(a) a novel (b) a commercial centre
(c) the office of the Director-General of Dooradarshan (d) a stock exchange
15. Decimal system of number originated in:
(a) Greece (b) Germany (c) China (d) India
16. According to WHO, the disease which causes the death of the largest number of people today is:
(a) Malaria (b) Ebola (c) AIDS (d) Tuberculosis
17. Father of cloning:
(a) Gerhard Fischer (b) Dr. Ian Wilmut
(c) Dr. Hargobind Khorana (d) Mendel
18. World Statesman Award, 1998 was presented to:
(a) Nelson Mandela (b) K.R. Narayanan
(c) Benjamin Netanyahu (d) Bill Clinton
19. The first Winner of Ezhuthachan Award, is:
(a) Akkitham Achuthan Namboodiri (b) Sooranad Kunjan Pillai
(c) M.P. Veerendra Kumar (d) Ponkunnam Varkey
20. Best foot baller of India in the year 1997:
(a) Raman Vijayan (b) I.M. Vijayan
(c) Baichung Bhutia (d) J. Paul Anchery
21. What is the maximum period within which election to a panchayat should be held in the event of it having been
(a) One year (b) Two years
(c) Six months (d) When the state government chooses22. Hydrogen bomb is based on:
(a) Chemical reaction (b) Nuclear fusion
(c) Nuclear fission (d) Artificial radioactivity
23. Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) consists of mainly:
(a) Methane, Ethane and Hexane (b) Ethane, Hexane and Nonane
(c) Methane, Butane and Propane (d) Ethane, Nonane and Methane
24. Who is the first woman to get six gold medals in one Olympics?
(a) Florence Griffith Joyner (b) S. Wodars
(c) E. Ashford (d) Kristin Otto
25. The XIII Asian Games was held at:
(a) Bangkok (b) Beijing (c) Hiroshima (d) Jakarta
26. In cricket, the two sets of wickets are:
(a) 18 yards apart (b) 20 yards apart (c) 22 yards apart (d) 24 yards apart
27. Diamond is the purest form of:
(a) Igneous rock (b) Sedimentary rock
(c) Crystalline rock (d) Metamorphic rock
28. The deepest point in the ocean is the
(a) Challenger deep (b) Galathea deep
(c) Bartholomew deep (d) Milwaukee deep
29. Who started the state transport service in Travancore?
(a) Rajakesavadasan (b) Sir. C.P. Ramaswamy Iyer
(c) Ramayyan Dalava (d) Veluthampi Dalava
30. The exact copy of a written or printed message is transmitted to distant places through a device attached to a
telephone. What is it called?
(a) Photophone (b) Telex (c) Fax (d) Telephoto
Questions Questions 31to 45 are to be answered in a word/words/one or two sentences
31. Which are the three languages added last to the 8th schedule of the constitution?
32. Which satellite has made it possible for Doordarshan to launch 5 more channels from 15th August 1993?
33. What is GATT?
34. Which body assists and advises the State Government in implementing educational programmes and policies?
35. Which is the highest civilian award in India? Who received the award in 1998?
36. Which are the most harmful substances found in tobacco smoke?
37. Who is Ali Sardar Jafri?
38. What is "white paper"?
39. What are the two systems of classical music in India?
40. When is World ''Environment Day'' celebrated every year? What is its message?
41. Where is the "Sea of Tranquility"?
42. What is cuneiform? Who developed it?
43. What is the most important cause for the depletion of natural resources?
44. What is Internet?
45. Which Indian Satellite has brought about great changes in telecommunication and TV network making India
a global partner on its own right in modern technology?
More articles: Kerala PSC LD Clerk Old Question Papers