Call +91 8138875600 for details
Cherai is one of the finest and beautiful beaches in Kochi. It is located on the northern end of Vypeen Island, its picturesque makes it a runaway hit with locals and tourists alike. The narrow stretch of land has the sea on one side, and the backwaters on the other. Coconut palms and paddy fields add to the picturesque perfect photo effect. Often referred to as 'The Princess of the Arabian Sea', the beach has quite a few resorts around it.
How to reach Cherai Beach
* You can take a bus to Paravur and then an auto rickshaw to Cherai beach.
* If you want a adventurous trip, then I would recommend a boat ride from either Fort Kochi or Ernakulam to Vypeen Island, and then a road transport option to Cherai.
The 15 kilometers (9.3 miles) long beach is great for jogging, walking and enjoying the bounty of nature.
Activities at Cheari Beach
* You can swim and also it is equally popular with sunbathers.
* Weekend revelers can generally be adequate enjoying a game of beach volleyball and cricket here.
* Kite flying is another popular activity. Colorful kites are easily available along with all the paraphernalia.
* Bicycles are available near the bus stand, and highly recommended for those looking to explore the area.
* Boat ride along the backwaters is another option for those looking to enjoy the languid backwaters.
Food at Cheari Beach
Do not miss the fresh seafood. Butter roasted tiger prawns and a local preparation called 'Karimeen Pollichathu' are a must. Crabs and wide variety of fish are also on offer.
For veggies, you will find many stalls and specially you must not miss the "Chilly Bhajis" with chutney. I loved it a lot.
Best time to Visit Cherai Beach
Best season to visit is all throughout the year except the rainy season (June - October). One of the main events in Cherai Beach is the Tourism fest during December.