Call +91 8138875600 for details
Shanghumugham Beach is one of the main beaches in Trivandrum city, Kerala. Shankumugham Beach or Shangumukham Beach is situated close to Veli Tourist Village and Thiruvananthapuram International Airport. The beach is known well for its cool breezy atmosphere, the vast stretch of white sand. The beach provides an ideal spot for relaxation and enjoy the beauty of sunset. The beach is really crowded during weekends as a number of visitors enjoy the beach and also has a good picnic touch to it. Here you can find several recreational facilities and during the local temple festival you can feel the carnival experience on the beach.
Matsya Kanyaka Sculpture
One of the major attractions of Shanghumugham Beach is a 35 m long sculpture of a mermaid, known as Matsya Kanyaka or 'Nymph' Jalakanyaka. It was created by well known sculptor Sri Kanai Kunjuraman. It is so beautiful that it will be always crowded with visitors and it glitters during festive season.
Must see at Shanghumugham Beach
* Matsya Kanyaka or Mermaid Sculpture
* Star Fish Restaurant - a restaurant designed in the shape of a Starfish.
* Stone Pavilion
* Shanghumugham Devi Temple
* Indian Coffee House - Best spot for having a tea and watching sunset
* Chacha Nehru Traffic Training Park – Favorite spot for children's as they can have a first-hand knowledge about traffic rules. Its timings are 11:00 AM to 07:00 PM for the visitors.
How to reach Shanghumugham Beach
* Thiruvananthapuram -> Enjackal -> Chackai -> Shanghumagham
* Tourists come from Kollam can reach Chackai through NH 47 bypass.
* Shanghumugham Beach is accessible from Trivandrum city by 8 kilometer journey.
* Trivandrum International Airport is situated very near to Shanghumugham Beach.
Best time to visit Shanghumugham Beach
During post monsoon and pre summer season