Kerala PSC LD Clerk Trivandrum 1998 Question Paper
1. India became a Sovereign Democratic Republic on:
(a) 26th January 1950 (b) 26th January 1949
(b) 26th January 1948 (c) 15th August 1947 (e) None of these
2. Secularism envisages:
(a) No religion (b) A particular religion for a state
(c) Hinduism (d) Equal status for all religions
(e) None of these
3. The Election Commissioner can be removed by:
(a) The President (b) The Home Minister
(c) The Prime Minister (d) None of these
(e) The Parliament by adopting the same procedure as applied to the removal of the Supreme Court
4. December 10 is observed as:
(a) World Health Day (b) U.N. Day
(c) World Red Cross Day (d) Human Rights Day (e) None of these
5. The Play, "Malavikagnimithram" was written by:
(a) Chandragupta Maurya (b) Kautilya
(c) Kalidasa (d) Vikramaditya (e) Visakhadatta
6. The last Viceroy of India was:
(a) Warren Hastings (b) Lord Mountbatten
(c) Lord Dalhousie (d) C. Rajagopalachari (e) None of these
13. 1998 World Cup (Football) tournament was held at:
(a) France (b) Brazil
(c) Italy (d) Japan (e) England
14. Which state in India touches the boundaries of the largest number of other States:
(a) Bihar (b) Orissa
(c) Uttar Pradesh (d) Madhya Pradesh (e) None of these
15. World AIDS day is observed on:
(a) December 10 (b) December 1
(c) June 5 (d) July 11 (e) September 8
16. "Arjuna" Award is associated with:
(a) Social work (b) Literature
(c) Sports and Games (d) Politics (e) None of these
17. The first Indira Gandhi Award for "International Justice and Harmony" was given to:
(a) Khan Abdul Gafarkhan (b) Mother Teresa
(c) Yaser Arafat (d) Nelson Mandela (e) None of these
18. In 1993 an earthquake claimed a large number of lives in Lathur. In which State is Lathur located?
(a) Madhya Pradesh (b) Orissa
(c) Maharashtra (d) Andhra Pradesh (e) Punjab
19. The Rourkela Steel Plant in Orissa was built with the collaboration of:
(a) Russia (b) Germany
(c) Britain (d) U.S.A (e) None of these
20. Television was started in India in the year:
(a) 1959 (b) 1960
(c) 1975 (d) 1980 (e) None of these
21. The journalist who refused to accept "Padmabhushan":
(a) Khushwant Singh (b) Arun Shourie
(c) Nikhil Chakravarthy (d) Sekharan Nair (e) None of these
22. Where is the National Environment Engineering Research Institute located?
(a) Jamshedpur (b) Cuttack
(c) Ranchi (d) Nagpur (e) None of these
23. In democracy the Sovereignty or the superior power lies in the hands of:
(a) the Government (b) the Ministers
(c) the Legislature (d) the people (e) None of these
24. Which of the following is the capital of "Bulgaria":
(a) Sofia (b) Danube
(c) Rio de Janeiro (d) Belgrade (e) None of these25. The first University in India was started at:
(a) New Delhi (b) Kolkatta
(c) Patna (d) Lucknow (e) None of these
26. The Malayalam writer who won the first "Joshwa Foundation Literary Award":
(a) M.T. Vasudevan Nair (b) O.N.V. Kurup
(c) Sukumar Azhikode (d) Thakazhi (e) None of these
27. The Financial Institution that provides long term credit for agriculturists against security of their land?
(a) State Financial Corporation (b) Reserve Bank (c) NABARD
(d) Land Development Bank (e) None of these
28. National Science Day is observed on 28, February to commemorate:
(a) Bhabha's birth day (b) The day of declaration of Raman Effect
(c) Launching of the first Indian Satellite Aryabatta
(d) Successful launching of ASLV (e) None of these
29. Who said, "There is neither a Hindu nor a Muslim, only a man"?
(a) Swami Vivekananda (b) Guru Nanak
(c) Sree Ramakrishna (d) Chaitanya (e) None of these
30. Which is known as the Land of White Elephants?
(a) Thailand (b) Finland
(c) Ireland (d) Canada (e) None of these
Directions : 31 to 45 : are to be answered in a word/words/ one or two sentences.
31. What is Quarantine?
32. Who was the first musician to get the country's highest civilian award, "Bharat Ratna"?
33. Who won the 1997 Booker Award for literature? What was the name of the book?
34. What is the actual name of pen name, "Kakkanadan"?
35. The science dealing with the study of the heart and its diseases is known as —
36. What is the colour of the Black Box kept in the aeroplane?
37. What is meant by myopia?
38. The first woman athlete in India who reached the Olympic finals was ———
39. What is the full form of P.S.L.V.?
40. When was the first Atomic Energy Commission set up in India?
41. Who was the leader of the Liberation Movement in Ghana?
42. What is meant by Universal Adult Franchise?
43. India conducted the first nuclear explosion in the year ———
44. What does the abbreviation ANERT stand for?
45. Who was known as the "Iron Man" of India?
More articles: Kerala PSC LD Clerk Old Question Papers