Indira Gandhi College of Arts and Science
About the college Indira Gandhi College of Arts and Science is the one of the emerging colleges in Kerala .College is situated in Ernakulam district near the Kothamangalam town in Nellikuzhi. It is a first grade institution of higher education with job oriented graduate and post graduate courses. The college is affiliated to MG university Kottayam ,and approved by Government of Kerala. Within a limited period the college raise its name in the level of leading institutions in Kerala. Prof. R . Shoukath Ali , the principle of the college, is a well experienced person and he is the former principle of M.E.S college Alwaye and Nedumkandam.
There are well experienced and high quality faculties in the college, which is the real asset of the collage. Indira Gandhi memorial trust is functioning in the college since 2000 under the efficient guidance of the chairman of the trust, Sri K.M Pareeth. The college get full support from the trust and helps in any activities of the college. Beside this arts and science college there are B. Ed college, dental college, paramedical college, teacher training institution and engineering college functioning under the trust. Indira Gandhi college of Arts and Science offer different under graduate and post graduate courses. The college has a university rank for B.Sc Biotechnology even in the first batch itself. This is a mile stone of the college and its legacy continuing every year. The college has an excellent placement cell offering placement assistance to the students. Career guidance and personality development programs are effectively done in every year.
About the courseThe collage provide under graduate and post graduate courses. Under graduate courses are 6 semester courses and post graduate courses are 4 semester courses.
1) B.com(Computer application) - 6 semester courses. Eligibility of the course is plus 2/VHSE or any group with not less than 45 % percentage mark in the part 3 or equivalent.
2) B.B.A - 6 semester course. eligibility criteria is same as that of ' B.com(Computer application)'.
3) B.Sc Computer science - 6 semester course. Eligibility is Plus two or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer science.
4) B.Sc Microbiology or biotechnology - a 6 semester course. Eligibility Plus2 or equivalent with Physics ,chemistry, Biology.
5) B.Sc Electronics &Computer Hardware - 6 semester course. Eligibility of the courses is Plus2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
6) B.C.A - Eligibility of the course is Plus2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer science.
7) M.Com - Duration is 4 semester (2 year) . Eligibility of the courses is B.Com with not less than 45% under part 3 or B.B.A. / B.B.M. of M.G University with not less 45% mark.
8) M .Sc Biotechnology - 4 semester courses. Eligibility of the course is 55% mark in biological science such as zoology, botany, biochemistry, biophysics, microbiology or chemistry at graduate level.
9) M .Sc Microbiology - 4 semester course. Eligibility 55% mark in biological science such as zoology, botany, biochemistry, biophysics, microbiology, industrial microbiology or chemistry at graduate level.
10) M .Sc Physics - post graduate course B.Sc Physics with not less than 55% mark in the optional subject concerned including subsidiaries.
Central library - College provided a well equipped library having total area of more than 2000 sq. ft. There are about 2000 books in the library which include books as per syllabus of the students, different journals, magazines etc. Besides these there are daily English and Malayalam news papers in the library. Students can arrive at any time in the library and can use different books. Seating arrangement is also provided in the library with a capacity of more than 100 people.
Hostel- College provide hostel facilities for students. There are separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. The hostels are well neat and hygienic. Separate Staffs are provided on each hostel and the food arrangement is also done in the hostel itself.
Transportation - College provide transportation facilities for the students. There are college buses travelling through different places near and far from the college. Besides these the college is situated near the main road which makes the transportation very easy.
Other facilities provided by the collageCollege have a good computer lab which is well equipped and provide modern facilities in it. The lab is fully air conditioned and high speed internet facility is also provided there. Modern teaching aids like L.C.D., O.H.P. etc. are provided for the students. The class rooms are well equipped and very clean. A placement cell is formed by the college for the students which offering placement assistance that helps the students to face interview very actively and to get placed properly. Photostat and internet facilities are provided in the college itself. Students can take any number copies and refer internet with very less cost.
Carrier guidance classes are provided for the students in every year. Also there are other programs like for Co-Curricular skill training and Personality development programs conducted in every year. The college have beautiful seminar hall which is fully air conditioned and a good auditorium with all facilities inside it. The college provide canteen facility for the students and faculties with delicious dinner and other bakery items. Besides this there are national service scheme, women cell, nature club, legal literacy club and drama club are in the college.
Contact detailsAdress: Indira Gandhi College of Arts and Science, Nelikuzhi PO Kothamangalam
Ph no: 0485 2851385
More articles: Colleges in Kerala