Kerala PSC LD Clerk Kozhikode 1998 Question Paper
Directions 1-10: Answer the following in a word:—
1. Who was the first and only muslim lady ever to rule the throne of Delhi?
2. Who composed the famous song "Sare-Jahan-Se-Acha"?
3. Which is the biggest River Valley Project in India?
4. At what voltage is alternate current supplied for household use in India?
5. Where is the National Physical Laboratory situated?
6. The deficiency of a particular vitamin is the cause of rickets. Which is that vitamin?
7. What is the currency of Singapore?
8. Who wrote "Ashtanga Hridaya"?
9. Who was the first Indian Woman Astronaut?
10. What is the instrument used for recording the intensity and origin of earthquake shocks?
Directions 11-20: Fill up the blanks—only the missing word need be given:
11. ———— introduced English education in India
12. The principle on which quartz crystal in watch works is ————
13. The author of the famous rhyme "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" is ——
14. 1 kilometre = ———— miles
15. The Samadhi of Sri Morarji Desai is known as ————
16. The term "Bear" and "Bull" are associated with ————
17. The gas contained in Gobar gas is ————
18. ———— is observed as Sports Day in India
19. ———— is the branch of science that deals with the study of insects
2 0 "Nandanar" is the pen-name of ————
Directions 21-30: Choose the correct answer out of the alternatives given:
21. The planet nearest to earth is:
(a) Pluto (b) Saturn (c) Venus (d) Jupiter
22. Radcliffe Line is the boundary line between:
(a) Germany and France (b) India and Pakistan
(c) India and Bangladesh (d) India and China
23. Which of the following is a common constituent of transistor?
(a) Germanium (b) Copper (c) Beryllium (d) Iron
24. The famous "Gayathri Manthram" is in the:
(a) Rig Veda (b) Sama Veda (c) Yajur Veda (d) Atharva Veda
25. The young one of a rabbit is called:
(a) Fawn (b) Filly (c) Bunny (d) Colt
26. The famous Malayalam film actor whose name has entered in the Guiness Book of World Records:
(a) Sathyan (b) Thikkurissy Sukumaran Nair
(c) P.J. Antony (d) Prem Nazir
27. The Ezhuthachan Puraskar 1997 was awarded to:
(a) Madhavikutty (b) M.T. Vasudevan Nair
(c) Ponkunnam Varkey (d) O.N.V. Kurup
28. December 10 is celebrated every year as:
(a) Navy Day (b) World Habitat Day
(c) Human Rights Day (d) Flag Day
29. The Asian Games are held every:
(a) 2 years (b) 4 years (c) 5 years (d) 6 years
30. Among the districts in Kerala, according to 1991 census, the density of
population is the highest in:
(a) Alappuzha (b) Kottayam
(c) Ernakulam (d) Thiruvananthapuram
31. What do the following abbreviations stand for?
(a) P O W (b) L P G (c) S A I L (d) E E G (e) E & O E
32. Answer in one or two sentences each:-
(1) CAT Scanner (2) Reserve Currency
(3) Indian Standard Time
(4) Light Year (5) Phalke Award
More articles: Kerala PSC LD Clerk Old Question Papers